Underwriter for East Africa
Who are we :
- Société Centrale de Réassurance commonly referred to as SCR is a state owned reinsurance company based in Casablanca, Morocco.
- SCR is the oldest African reinsurance company established in 1960 and serves over 300 insurances companies in Morocco with over 25% market share and across Africa, the Middle East and Asia
- SCR provides reinsurance products to both life and general insurance. As at 31/12/2016 the Gross Written premium amounted to US$ 238 million with a net profit of US$ 25.7 million
- SCR current rating :
- Standard and Poor’s : BBB/A-2/ stable
- AM Best : BB+ ( Good)
- SCR opened a contact office in Abidjan in 2014 to handle West and Central Africa
- Support the manager for Africa in preparing and delivering annual business plan for Africa with particular reference to East Africa;
- Promote SCR throughout East African region and in any other African country if required;
- Identify any new business opportunities and support and develop the existing portfolio in the region;
- Support and facilitate the introduction of SCR Aviation and Life underwriters to local/regional insurance/reinsurance companies and/or brokers
- Identify, develop and maintain close relationship with major reinsurance brokers acting in the region;
- Identify and attend Industry events subject to prior case by case approval;
- Facilitate any SCR promotional activity as required including training, workshops etc…;
- Maintain and develop relationship with local regulatory authorities;
- Monitor and update SCR Management on any significant legislative/regulatory changes (including introduction of new law) in the region;
- Ensure compliance with SCR underwriting guidelines;
- Provide monthly written report to the Manager of Africa.
- This position requires degree in Economics, Actuarial Sciences business administration, Law or mathematics with a focus on (re)insurance business. In addition, it requires more than 5 years in a similar position with a focus on insurance/ reinsurance in East Africa;
- Preferably have the Certificate of the Chartered Insurance Institute CII;
- A good knowledge of French is a clear advantage.
You will need to have :
- Effective analytical skills;
- Excellent communicator with strong commercial skills, especially in the field of negotiating;
- The ability to absorb technical information;
- Confident decision-making skills;
- Problem-solving skills and a logical approach to work;
- Team working skills but also a willingness to work using your own initiative.
SCR will be present at the African Reinsurance Forum at Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava, Mauritius from 15th to 17th October 2017
For any queries, please visit our Stands