Société Centrale de Réassurance, is looking for the following position : Underwriter Egypt
Who are we :
- Société Centrale de Réassurance commonly referred to as SCR is a state owned reinsurance company based in Casablanca, Morocco.
- SCR is the oldest African reinsurance company established in 1960 and serves over 300 insurances companies in Morocco with over 25% market share and across Africa, the Middle East and Asia
- SCR provides reinsurance products to both life and general insurance. As at 31/12/2016 the Gross Written premium amounted to US$ 238 million with a net profit of US$ 25.7 million
- SCR current rating :
- Standard and Poor’s : BBB/A-2/ stable
- AM Best : BB+ ( Good)
- SCR opened a contact office in Abidjan in 2014 to handle West and Central Africa
- Support the manager for Africa in preparing and delivering annual business plan for East Africa;
- Promote SCR throughout East African region and in any other African country if required; - Identify any new business opportunities, support and develop the existing portfolio in the region;
- Support and facilitate the introduction of SCR Aviation and Life underwriters to local/regional insurance/reinsurance companies and/or brokers;
- Identify, develop and maintain close relationship with major reinsurance brokers operating in the region;
- Identify and attend Industry events;
- Facilitate any SCR promotional activity as required including training, workshops etc…;
- Maintain and develop relationship with local regulatory authorities;
- Update SCR Management on any significant legislative/regulatory changes (including introduction of new law) in the region;
- Provide regular written report to the Manager of Africa.
- This position is intended to Egyptians Candidates;
- This position requires, master degree in Economics, Actuarial Sciences business administration, Law or mathematics;
- In addition, it requires more than 10 years in a similar position with a focus on insurance/ reinsurance in East and Ouest Africa;
- A good knowledge of French is a clear advantage.
Skills You will need to have :
- Effective analytical skills;
- Excellent communication abilities with strong commercial skills, especially in the field of negotiating;
- Confident decision-making skills;
- Problem-solving skills and a logical approach to work;
- Team working skills but also a willingness to work using your own initiative.