(SCR) – Société Centrale de Réassurance participated in the 43rd annual OESAI* Conference held from August 20 to 25, 2021 in MOMBASA, KENYA under the theme: BEYOND COVID -19: ADOPTION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF SDGS IN THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY
It was an opportunity for the representatives of the SCR to exchange and discuss with the professional parties and attendees of the Insurance and Reinsurance World around the themes:
- Capacity building, skills development and empowering the insurance workforce of the future
- Micro-insurance and financial inclusion: Adoption of innovation, technology and digitization of insurance business operations beyond COVID
- Leadership in times of crisis: managing key underwriting and claims reputation risks for re/insurers
- Decade of action: industry response to SDGS and opportunities for new product development in insurance/reinsurance
- Regulatory and insurers response to covid19 and other emerging risks. Creating win protocols for industry stakeholders
- Financial services liberalization under the AFCFTA
- leveraging big data and data sharing: managing and enhancing stakeholder experiences in insurance markets
SCR now has over 300 Clients and operates in more than 50 Countries, including Africa and the Middle East as well as India, Pakistan, China and South Korea. It has accelerated its internalization during the recent years with the opening of three representative offices in Ivory Coast, Egypt and Rwanda and recently a fourth office in Johannesburg as a hub in the Southern Africa.
The African anchorage of SCR, its proven knowledge of the market, its good ratings, its expertise and the partnerships established are all assets to accelerate its continental development as a the first Reinsurer of the Kingdom of Morocco and to further radiate the country image at the regional level.
*OESAI was created in 1973 and aims at promoting insurance and trade between professionals in East and Southern Africa.